Directory Opus Pro is the best and better alternative for Windows Explorer.
Are you frustrated by the limitations of Windows Explorer? Directory Opus provides a complete Explorer Replacement with far more power and functionality than any other file manager available today.
Directory Opus Pro Features
– Single or dual pane file display and folder trees
– Tabbed interface let you keep multiple folders open and switch quickly between them
– Unique Explorer Replacement mode provides a full replacement for Windows Explorer
– Quickly filter, sort, group and search your folders
– Color-code your files, assign status icons, star ratings, tags and descriptions
– View images, documents and more. Image marking lets you sort your photos quickly and easily
– Batch renaming including easy-to-use keyboard macros
– View and edit file metadata
– Support for FTP and archive formats like Zip, 7Zip and RAR
– Built-in tools including synchronize and duplicate file finder
– Calculate folder sizes and print or export folder listings
– Queue multiple file copies for improved performance
– Fully configurable user interface – colors, fonts, toolbars, keyboard hotkeys, and a full scripting interface let you tailor Opus exactly to suit your needs
– Efficient, multi-threaded, modern design. Supports the latest 4K monitors. Available in both 32 and 64 bit versions.
What’s New in Directory Opus Pro 12?
- Summary of major new features
• Full support for high-DPI (e.g. 4K and 5K) monitors.
• Redesigned Rename dialog, with new features like
• A unique macro recorder, which lets you perform complex batch renames without regular expressions.
• Enhanced scripting capabilities.
• Better handling of recursive renames and filename clashing.
• An Apply button which lets you perform multiple renames without closing the dialog.
- Improvements to the Image Viewer including
• Configurable toolbar and hotkeys, including the ability to run arbitrary commands on the current image file.
• A new image marking system which makes it much easier to sort through a folder of photos to identify the ones you want to keep, print, share, etc.
• A read-ahead cache for faster image loading.
• An integrated metadata panel which lets you edit EXIF and other metadata from within the viewer.
- Enhanced file and folder labels including
• The ability to assign more than one label at once (label attributes are combined).
• Label categories (lets you organise your labels into groups).
• Adjustable label priority (for when more than one wildcard or filter label applies to a file)
• A new status icon system that lets you assign one or more status icons to each files (e.g. to track which files are ‘done’, ‘watched’, ‘urgent’ or ‘to-do’).
• A manual sorting mode that lets you sort your files and folders exactly how you want.
• An integrated dialog editor that lets scripts create their own complex user interfaces.
• File display enhancements including
• Vertical folder tabs (displayed down the left or right side of the file display).
• You can assign your own tab colors for specific folders.
• Optional vertical as well as horizontal gridlines.
• Relative size and age graphs displayed as the background of size and date fields (rather than requiring their own column).
• A new “show everything” mode to quickly disable all filters.
- Improvements to Folder Options including
• Configure column widths to expand and fill the usable space in the file display.
• A column filter makes it easier to find and add the columns you want.
• File and folder name filters can be configured using regular expressions if desired.
• File copy improvements including a transfer speed graph in the progress dialog.
• Toolbar enhancements including scrollbars and distinct labels in drop-down menus.
• Lister layouts can now be arranged into folders and sub-folders.
• … and as always, much, much more!